Join a Book Club
The library offers a book club during the summer months. Keep checking back for updates to the reading list and meeting dates/times.
- The summer book club is open to any adult who would like to participate.
- Book club will meet every other Tuesday at 10:30am.
- Depending on how many are planning to attend, the book discussions will be held in either the Board Room or the Community Room.
- Book discussions will be led by the person responsible for picking the book. To see a full list of discussion leaders see the list below.
- Once a book is chosen and reported to Cindy, the library will ensure there are 5 copies of that book in our collection. If you are unable to get a book here, you can always look at Hill Avenue Book Co., Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
- Your responsibility as an attendee is to come prepared. Have the book read, and be ready to discuss!
- To request to have your name (and book) added to the list as a discussion leader on the official summer list, call Cindy Davis at 336-2667 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books for the 2013 Summer Book Discussion:
- June 11th - "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly
- June 25th - To be determined
- July 9th - To be determined
- July 23rd - "Where'd You Go, Bernadette?" by Maria Semple
- August 6th - "Help Thanks Wow" by Anne Lamott
Books for the 2012 Summer Book Discussion:
- June 5th - "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand (Led by Bonnie Ewoldt)
Click here for a PDF of Bonnie's discussion questions and timeline
Click here to view the map of Louis Zamperini's travels
Click here for an interview with Louis Zamperini
- June 19th - "Healer" by Carol Cassella (Led by Barb Speer)
- July 3rd - No book discussion due to 4th of July holiday
- July 17th - "The House I Loved" by Tatiana de Rosnay (Led by Monica Beemer)
- July 31st - "Learning to Swim" by Sara J. Henry (special Skype session planned with the author) (Led by Janine Cook)
Click here for a few pictures from the Skype session with Sara J. Henry
- August 7th - "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot (Led by Janine Gustafson)